Monday, August 19, 2013

The Young Sinclairs - You Know Where To Find Me EP and Death Valley Rally - The Stars Shine Brighter After Midnight


Two brilliant releases from "Planting Seeds Records" and I will kick things off with "The Young Sinclairs" who we have featured here on the blog a couple of times.  What more I can add to what we have written about them previously I don't really know?  Guest contributor to the blog Interplanet Janet puts the case forward for this superb outfit from Roanoke, VA far more eloquently than I ever could, so I shall direct you to read her views on this band HERE.
All I shall add is that, if you haven't yet discovered this band, then you are in for an absolute treat, think, Buddy Holly meets The Zombies and jamming with The Byrds and you just start to scratch the surface of this bands unbelievable talents, 60's pop psyche, garage at its absolute best, yes, we absolutely, completely and utterly adore The Young Sinclairs here at Ice Cream Man and are as happy as Larry to share them with you.

This single will be available to purchase from September 17th from Planting Seeds Records HERE


Check out the band previous releases on Bandcamp

Contact, befriend, follow, like and love The Young Sinclairs here: Facebook

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Death Valley Rally are a new band to me but as soon as this CD fired up and the track "Come On" started playing, I was instantly reminded of early "My Bloody Valentine" and the same wave of excitement washed over me that I had when I first heard "Sunny Sundae Smile" way back further than I care to recall in term of years.  
The sound is cleaner than that of their shoegazing, wall of sound peers, but, the elements are all there.
Track 2, "Your Frequency Doesn't Matter" is more melodic, once again reminding me of of another band, this time it was "Ride."  Now, don't get me wrong, this band aren't simply copying bands that have gone by prior to their existence, but they have taken the cogs and wheels and reinvented the sound making it all their own, this is shoegaze, this is grunge, this is pop but more importantly it is a new and refreshing twist on a sterling genre of music, now with an extra shine.
The six tracks here will satisfy your every whim in all the afore mentioned genres and whims you didn't even know you had, and, this is their debut, I for one can't wait to hear what this band have to offer us in the future.



Death Valley Rally.

This CD wil be released on Planting Seeds Records  August 27th, order your copy HERE

Contact, befriend, follow, like and love Death Valley Rally here: Facebook

More links:

No comments:

Post a Comment